Thursday, June 09, 2005

[[Caught up in Fairy Tales]]


As a kid I was so into reading books and watching cartoons. Most of the things I read or books being read to me are fairy tales. I would gaze in awe as I watch those amazing cartoons that depict a different world but is in contrast to our world as well.
I remember that there even were times when my mom or my grandfather would go crazy when it was time for my bedtime story. I would have a couple of books lined up for me. And even though those stories and characters were from way, way back they stayed with me through all these years.
Over the years, I have managed to broaden my literacy. I read almost everything from encyclopedias to graphic novels. Those serious novels and bodice rippers would simply kick a nerve in me and would get me really excited. Those classics and even those Archie comics would really get my heart jumping and pumping. But among those materials I can honestly say that fairy tales have always been my favorite.
I'm really not sure how it started. I suppose it was in the midst of that prince charming rescuing sleeping beauty or maybe when those seven dwarfs were digging their way into finding snow white and changing their lives. But I guess what attracted me the most to these tales are the never ending stories that end happily despite everything that had happened.
This is where me comes in. I know that my life isnt a fairy tale story. Believe me if it were then it would be one of the highest rating soap operas of all time.
I guess growing up fancying fairy tales would mean that you could get so caught up in an imaginary world. A world knowing that happiness will be there at the end greeting you.
I remember watching TV shows during recent years that depict a modern fairy tale story. Ally McBeal for example. Or even Felicity or Dawsons Creek. All those cheesy teenybopper shows. Every character has his or her own struggles. There are character characteristics that have a mix or idealism and realism. There are those who know how to get to their goal but get kind of mixed up on how to get there. It gets crazy in their lives but ultimately in the end they live happily ever after.
Each of these modern fairy tale characters believes on the power of the good. Each one believes in light, in justice, in willpower, etc. I bet each one of them believes in fairy tales too.
Seeing how twisted and kooky some of these characters can be made me rethink my own beliefs and philosophies in life.
It is a tough world out there. There are the undying government problems involving red tape or corruption. There is the fear of getting robbed or killed while walking silently on the streets. News about how crazy the weather can be. People dying of malnutrition. The lack of employment. The underdeveloped nation. The list goes on and on.
The thing is, we have come to accept these things as part of our lives. We go about each day seeing the harsh realities of life. We have grown tired or trying to make a difference, of fighting for what is right and trying to make ourselves better. We have reached the point when all we do is accept passively all these atrocities. And now we come to the point where we could not care less anymore. We have forgotten what weve learned in fairy tales. We have forgotten to dream.
I have faith; Faith in believing, believing in something that may seem not possible. I have faith that there is still some good in this damn crazy world. I have faith that one day people will realize this and buck the whole corrupted system.
But sometimes, I feel as if having faith in these things is like walking on a beautiful sunny day while everyone else trying to get out of the rain they are in.
Some may say that they find my optimism odd but that doesnt bother me (I, myself finds it kooky) Sometimes I dont even understand what it is that leaves me in this state. I cannot understand why I hear the most beautiful of music amidst all these noise around us. I dont understand why I still feel that wonderful warmth of sunshine amidst the hard rain or the scorching heat. Am I going crazy? (I hope not :)
My mom says Im hallucinating. My siblings say Im too dreamy. Well sometimes I think maybe I am. Then I remembered my grandfather telling me: IF YOU ARE TO DREAM, DREAM BIG... NEVER BE AFRAID BECAUSE IT DOESNT COST A THING.
People tell me that my belief in fairy tales is just a phase that I will outgrow in the end. But why does it have to end right? In this cruel world, I feel like I need something to hold on to, some ideal to look up to. I need to believe that one day good will rule this world.
We need to believe that happily-ever-after doesnt just exist in fairy tales. The moment I lose that faith will be the day when life wont be worth living.

Dont let this world win.

[[ Caloi shed the truth... ]]*|11:09 PM|

Comments:

my philosophy professor once told me that, when you find out the result of your curiosity, when you reach the final part of your dream... no matter how tragic or positive it was...it was meant for your success. =)

everybody deserves a happy ending..
 
pagkabigo't alinlangan ay gumugulo sa isipan, mga pagsubok lamang yan wag mong itigil ang laban... =P gud jab
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

[[*KNOW ME*]]


Name:Caloi Suzara
Bdae:Oct. 15
Nicks:Caloi
Skool:San Beda College Alabang
Contact:...

[[* LIFE IN MUSIC *]]


Artist: The Bystanders
Song:

//visit Iwebmusic for music

[[* PAST ENTRIES *]]

|October 2004|November 2004|December 2004|January 2005|February 2005|March 2005|April 2005|May 2005|June 2005|July 2005|August 2005|September 2005|March 2006|April 2006|November 2006|December 2006|January 2007|June 2009|July 2009

[[* LINX *]]

| VAL |
| PIA |
| GOKS |
| BART |
| DANE |
| KC |
| BENIGS |
| NOY |
| MIKE |
| DENEB |
| DEBBIE |
| DEXTROSE |
| BULITAS |
| HOGI |
| AENU |
| JERI |
| KENG |
| JOHN |
| PAM |
| TON |
| JC |
| RA |




VANITY


[[*TALK to ME*]]



KaPoWE mE!


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com